Monday 12 March 2018

Jude

On my first time at BeBold Camp, I was shy and I didn't know who to talk to because I didn't know anyone, then I met this really kind, fun boy Jude (same age as me). We got along straight away! We played cowboys and indians in the woods with our guns and bows and arrows all day long, and then raved at the disco all night long creating dances for every song that came on and then ran to our families around the campfire, and then ran back to dance.

The next year he and his brother entered the talent competition and did the cup song from Pitch Perfect. Their confidence helped me enter too, I played the drums. Jude taught me how to do the cup song, he was really good! Then when we went home I taught all of my friends how to do it too.

That's me with Jude on the far right between Clara and Fin (Jude's brother)

Last year when we went back to BeBold again, Jude wasn't there. His Dad and his brothers were and we played lots. Jude had been diagnosed with bone cancer and was in hospital having lots of treatment. I was hoping that he would be well again soon and up and dancing again. Then this weekend I was given horrible news, Jude has passed away.

He was such a kind and fun person, his family and friends have started a hashtag on social media #bemorejude

Tomorrow is his funeral, we wish we could all be there. I bet there will be so many people as he is so loved. They are letting off orange balloons (his favourite colour). Instead I made a video to remember him and we will be donating to the Bone Cancer Trust, there is a link at the end of the video to donate too.



Those we love don't go away
They walk beside us everyday...
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

People's comments make me smile and help me stay brave and strong thank you for commenting love from ERIN xx

New comment box function works on ALL DEVICES woohoo! x